NEW FOR 2015 AT THE ALTON TOWERS RESORT
ENCHANTED FOREST TREE TOP QUEST
What is Enchanted Forest Tree Top Quest?
- The Enchanted Forest Tree Top Quest is a high ropes course set in amongst the trees. It is a series of obstacles and elements that you must negotiate to get around the course, before you fly back to the ground on a zipwire.
- There are 2 courses within the Enchanted Forest Tree Top Quest. Guests can choose which course to complete – there is a high ropes course and a low ropes course. Prices vary.
Tree Top Quest – High Ropes
- After a full safety briefing, guests can zipwire and swing from the trees as they navigate their way around the course. A dizzying 8m up in the trees of the Enchanted Forest, the High Ropes consists of 19 obstacles to challenge the thrill seekers who take on the course! Daredevils will make their way up the spiral staircase to start from the quirky turret of the central tower to then navigate their way across transverse nets, swing tyres, stepping stones and ziplines to complete the challenging course. Fly through a tunnel, crawl across a barrel and climb across a boulder wall all before hurtling back down to earth on the thrilling 85m zipwire. The High Ropes experience will last up to 1 hour. Guests participating in the High Ropes course must be at least 1.4m tall and over 11 years. 11 -12 year olds require one to one supervision on the course by a full paying adult who is 18 years or over.
Tree Top Quest – Low Ropes
- For younger children and those who want to keep their feet a little bit closer to the ground, the Low Ropes course is perfect. Ranging from 3.5m-5m high, the course still has thrills, challenge and adventure where participants can tackle a variety of elements and fly back to the ground on the exhilarating zipwire. The minimum age for the Enchanted Forest Tree Top Quest Low Ropes is 6 years and guests must be at least 1m tall. 6 – 7 year olds will require one to one supervision on the course by a full paying adult who is 18 years or over. The maximum weight allowance is 120kg / 19 stone.
- The Low Ropes experience will last between 30 minutes to 45 minutes.
- High ropes:-
– 1 to 1.5 hours to complete
– 8mtrs high
– Minimum age – 11 and at least 1.4m tall
– 19 obstacles inc 85m zipwire
– 1 paying adult over the age of 18 years can supervise up to 4 children aged 11-12 years or over.
– 1 adult over the age of 18 years can supervise up to 6 children aged 13 years or over from the ground
– 14-17 year olds can go unaccompanied.
- Low ropes:-
– 45 minutes to one hour to complete
– 5mtrs high
– Minimum age – 6 and at least 1m tall
– Children aged 6 and 7 must be individually accompanied on the course by a paying adult who is over 18 years old.
– 1 adult over the age of 18 years can supervise up to 6 children aged 8-12 years old from the ground,
– Over 14 years olds can go unaccompanied.
- 8 people can enter each course every 20 minutes
- Weight restriction – The maximum weight allowance is 120kg / 19 stone
- Quietest times between 11.00 to 15.00hrs
- Rates:- Please see your rates template
- Open all year round but not beyond dusk – see timetable
Health & Safety
- All participants have to wear a safety harness, which attaches them to an overhead wire. Our innovative system ensures that guests are unable to unclip themselves from this wire.
- All participants will receive a safety briefing and instruction from an instructor before starting the course.
- Helmets are mandatory and must be worn at all times whilst on the course.
- Once guests have commenced they’re on their own, however just in case the guest has a problem our team of instructors are available to offer advice and support from the ground.
- What to wear – Guests will need to wear sensible shoes – trainers or walking boots are ideal. No open toe shoes or high heeled shoes will be allowed. Skirts are also not permitted on the course. No hand or wrist jewellery. Loose hair must be tied back.
- Disabled guests – Tree Top Quest courses are challenging, require a degree of physical fitness and reasonable level of mobility & co-ordination. Whether or not you are able to take part will depend on your disability. Partially sighted, blind and deaf guests will need to have a carer with them to provide assistance. Unfortunately due to the nature of the courses we are unable to accommodate non- ambulant guests. This attraction is not suitable for expectant mothers, guests suffering from heart conditions or sufferers of back, neck or leg problems. If you are Asthmatic, you MUST have your inhaler with you at all times and it must be securely attached. We cannot allow any climbers who are asthmatic on our course without the correct medication to treat them, up on the course regardless of whether it is occasional/slight Asthma, no attack for many years or the inhaler is hardly used. We regret any climbers with Asthma that do not have the correct medication to treat them will be unable to climb on the day.
- A risk acknowledgement & disclaimer is to be signed by all guests before participation
- Our Enchanted Village Restaurant serves teas, coffees, paninis and general snacks
- Lockers are available x 20 (small valuables size)